This is the last week you will have to spend your old £1 coins!
As from 16th October, the round £1 coin will no longer be legal tender as it gets fully replaced by the new 12-sided version.
The new coin
After this week the only £1 coins you will be able to use is the new 12 sided version. Here are a few fact about the new coin:
- Outer ring: gold – coloured, made from nickel-brass
- Inner ring: silver – coloured, made from nickel-plated alloy
- Diameter: 23.43mm – larger than old coin
- How many in circulation: 1.5 billion
Coins down the back of the sofa?
With the deadline to use the old £1 coin under a week away, here are some of the places to look for them:
- Down the back of the sofa
- Supermarket bags
- Gym bag(s)
- Under the car seats
(source: BBC news)
In this economic climate every penny counts! That’s why we work hard to bring you the best boiler maintenance at affordable prices, whilst maintaining a high level of work.
Get in touch today on 0800 4346596 or head to our contact page and see what we can do for you!