Carbon monoxide: better (gas) safe than sorry

By December 9, 2015 No Comments

The winter months are a hotbed of activity for all sorts of nasty bugs, ailments and colds. It’s not particularly uncommon to have a headache, feel nauseous or be generally under the weather at this time of year – but just imagine if what seems like stereotypical flu symptoms are actually the result of something far more dangerous: carbon monoxide poisoning.

The silent killer

Carbon monoxide poisoning isn’t something to be taken lightly, and there are five major symptoms: headaches, dizziness, nausea and breathlessness, followed by loss of consciousness. One of the main causes of carbon monoxide poisoning is a faulty boiler.

How to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning

All competent, Gas Safe registered central heating installers will understand the seriousness of the issue and ensure boilers are correctly installed. If you are the proprietor of a restaurant, bar, hotel or other business premises, it’s vital to avail of the services of commercial heating engineers with the qualifications to install equipment to a professional standard, thus reducing the risk of potential harm to your staff and customers.

For extra safety, you should enquire about having a carbon monoxide detector installed for complete peace of mind – not just for winter, but all year round.

Leave a Reply

Contact Norton Group

If you would like more information on any of the services we provide;

Call us on

Freephone:  0800 4346596
London Office:  0207 476 0727
Kent Office:  01795 228 083

© Norton Group 2018