Commercial Gas Safety Certificate: have you got yours?

By November 2, 2015 No Comments

Each year in the United Kingdom, approximately 30 people die as a result of carbon-monoxide poisoning caused by poorly maintained flues and gas appliances. As the owner of a business or commercial property, you are responsible for the safety of everyone coming into your premises and if you have any gas appliances, you need to get them checked regularly.

Gas Safety Certificate

The same regulations that apply to landlords and their tenants apply to commercial property owners too. Whatever the size of the premises or appliances, they need to be serviced at least every 12 months by a Gas Safe certified engineer. At the Norton Group, our experienced commercial heating engineers regularly carry out Gas Safety checks. Each appliance is inspected, and pressure and operation tests are carried out. Any extractor systems will also be thoroughly checked. The client will then be provided with a Gas Safety Certificate, detailing the checks that have been carried out, any maintenance that is required and whether your appliances meet the safety standards.

What if my appliances are new?

If you are just moving into new premises, with new appliances, you still need to satisfy your insurance company that everything is safe. In this case, you may want to carry out a gas installation safety report (CP17), which our team of commercial heating contractors and engineers can also carry out.

Leave a Reply

Contact Norton Group

If you would like more information on any of the services we provide;

Call us on

Freephone:  0800 4346596
London Office:  0207 476 0727
Kent Office:  01795 228 083

© Norton Group 2018