Are you safe from a Carbon Monoxide leak?

By October 23, 2017 No Comments

Carbon Monoxide Gas, which is known as the ‘Silent Killer Gas’ can be released into your home as a result of a faulty boiler. Studies made in 2015 by CORGI HomePlan going into the matter, show that one in ten adults in Britain have experienced Carbon Monoxide poisoning to some extent in their home. Whereas there is no Smell of Carbon Monoxide in the home it is still wise to be wary of it.

Here are some of the reasons you need to check boiler as soon as possible:

  • If your home isn’t as warm as usual, even with the heating on, you should check your boiler. This is a sign that your boiler isn’t working as efficiently as it should be which could also be a sign that you’re wasting energy!
  • If your boiler is old and worn, it will most likely need frequent repairs, this is an alarm bell to get a brand new boiler altogether.
  • You might hear strange noises coming from your boiler, this is another sign that the boiler is old – specifically the boiler pump might be faulty or the bearing on the fan could be getting old.

All of these and more are signs of wear and tear on your boiler. If you notice any of these in your home then get in contact with us here on 0800 4346596 as soon as you can to see what we can do for you.

Leave a Reply

Contact Norton Group

If you would like more information on any of the services we provide;

Call us on

Freephone:  0800 4346596
London Office:  0207 476 0727
Kent Office:  01795 228 083

© Norton Group 2018