Heating engineers vs plumbers – who to call?

By June 22, 2017 No Comments

When that faint tinkering noise coming from your boiler turns into a full-on rattle, there’s often a question of which specialist you should call – a plumber or a Heating Engineer. Some plumbers are known for their expertise in many areas of Pipe Repair, from kitchens to bathrooms to outdoor piping and yes, even Boiler Maintenance and installation. Alternatively, an engineer only works on the heating of a structure, be it for residential or commercial use, and as such are a considered a specialist in just that field.

If you do choose a plumber for your boiler-repair needs, be sure to check that they are Gas Safe Registered, which you can easily look up here. Any reputable heating engineer should be registered there as well; it’s important to make sure anyone working on your boiler follows the standards this organisation has put into place for your safety and the longevity of your equipment.

If you’re ever unsure of which professional to call when your heating is inexplicably shut off, just contact The Norton Group and we’ll be sure to send the right specialist for whatever your needs are. Whether its a heating engineer or a plumber, we have the right person for the job.

Call us today on 0800 4346596

Leave a Reply

Contact Norton Group

If you would like more information on any of the services we provide;

Call us on

Freephone:  0800 4346596
London Office:  0207 476 0727
Kent Office:  01795 228 083

© Norton Group 2018