Looking to pass the CP12 test?

By January 12, 2016 No Comments

What’s a CP12? It’s a gas safety certificate of compliance, required by the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. It has to be renewed every 12 months, which is how it got its name.

Any landlord, whether they’re in charge of a residential or commercial property, must by law make sure that every gas appliance in their building works both safely and efficiently. The only way to tick that box is to have an annual gas safety inspection, which must be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. This is the only person who can provide you with a CP12. All aspects of the CP12 assessment must be passed in order for a landlord to be issued with a CP12.

Your gas safety engineer will be looking for the following things:

• Checks made for the stability of gas devices, and checks on any supporting brackets.
• Appliances and pipes checked for gas tightness
• Burner pressure and gas rate checks carried out to ensure they’re within manufacturer’s safe limits
• Any test points available will be used to test working and standing pressure.
• Ventilation assessment to see whether sufficient ventilation is available
• Flame failure devices assessed on operation levels
• A test of flue flow, confirming combustion products are gone
• General investigations, looking for unsafe components

If you’re looking for a commercial or industrial CP12, in accordance with the current ACS, give Norton’s commercial heating engineers a call today.

Leave a Reply

Contact Norton Group

If you would like more information on any of the services we provide;

Call us on

Freephone:  0800 4346596
London Office:  0207 476 0727
Kent Office:  01795 228 083

© Norton Group 2018